Wednesday 18 December 2013

Recipe 52/12 - Homemade Pizza

This week I made an actual pizza from scratch! Yes even the dough... I don't have a recipe to share as the dough recipe was in a bread making manual and unless you have the exact same bread maker its not going to be very helpful! 

Its all very easy apart from moulding the dough into the pizza base, the thinner the better. Kneading a ball of dough into a flat circle should be easy right? I couldn't get mine any bigger than a thick uneven rectangular shape (my boyfriend's one was an even thicker but much neater rectangle). Maybe I needed to throw it round in the air a bit like you see proper pizza makers do. Once you've got your pizza base its just a case of adding as many yummy toppings as possible (the best bit!)





You've got to be prepared time wise to make this though, after 40 minutes in the bread maker, 10 minutes struggling to make a pizza shape, 20 minutes rising, way too much time adding toppings and then 20 minutes baking you definitely have to plan ahead or get pretty hungry waiting (it was definitely worth the wait though!) It only actually requires 15-20 minutes of your actual time, the rest of the time its in the oven or bread maker. 

So yes you can buy a pre made pizza, take it out its packet and leave it cooking for 15 minutes but this is so much tastier. The dough tastes so fresh and you don't have to be stingy with the toppings like bought ones usually are. You can buy 'empty' pizza bases to make your own pizza but they end up being a lot more expensive and whilst I did used to think these tasted good I don't think I would now I've had fresh.




If the base still tasted great when it was too thick (I thought it would ruin it and be all doughy) I bet if you could make one with a really thin base I bet it would taste amazing! Maybe next time! I definitely won't be buying a pizza again for a while...






No comments:

Post a Comment