Thursday 24 October 2013

Recipe 52/5 - Portobello Mushrooms with Cheese in Tomato Sauce

I found this recipe in a magazine but it looked like it could end up being a bit basic so I did cheat and make a few changes! I added some sausages... me have a meat free meal? I don't think so! 

It was really quick and easy to make and the result was really delicious, surprising when it only had such basic ingredients. If you love mushrooms like I do and you want something really quick this is a great recipe!




300g passata (I used a tomato pasta sauce instead)
4 large portobello mushrooms (peeled)
200g taleggio (sliced - I used cheddar instead)
1 tbsp thyme leaves
1 ciabatta roll (torn into small cubes)
2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil

1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Pour the passata into an ovenproof dish.
3. Place the mushrooms on the passata, stalks facing up.
4. Top with the sliced cheese and scatter with thyme leaves.
5. Toss the ciabatta cubes with the oil and scatter over the dish.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.




No comments:

Post a Comment